Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby Shower Tips and Decorations!!

Once again, I feel so lame not posting in a while. T-minus 1 full day, 3 half days, and 1 teacher work day until summer vacation! The end of the year is always a mess! Everyone scrambling to get everything done before next school year. You know what the faculty (including myself) reminds me of?  Well, when was a kid I'd love to touch earthworms on the sidewalk just to watch them flip and flop and go nuts. I feel like every teacher is an earthworm that has been touched by a giant finger and we are all flip-flopping like crazy. But after the 5 day count, we can nuzzle in our cozy dirt spots safe and sound once again...aka...the beach, or the pool!

So when trying to figure out what to write about, I decided to share a few pictures of a baby shower my friend Amanda and I put on for one of our dearest friends, Tina. Her precious little Gracie was just born a few weeks ago, and already is growing like a weed! It's amazing how fast they change in such a short period of time. My little one is already 6 months and it seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital awaiting for her big debut.

To greet the guests of honor, I had one of my infamous tutu wreaths hanging on the door. Nothing sets the mood of the party like the perfect wreath. The color theme of Gracie's nursery is lavender and pale green so we incorporated the same color palette into our decorations.



Upon entering the doorway, the guests could marvel at the candy bar. I think these are a great idea for parties. It is an easy party favor and the whole table display can be a part of the room decor. Not to mention everyone loves sweets!!! We had cake pops, chocolate dipped pretzels, m&ms, gummies in the martini glasses, runts, sprees, jelly beans, kisses...a huge variety for any taste buds!  One of the centerpieces for this table I made, was the diaper bike. (I will include a close up of one later)



Here is a close up of the centerpiece from the candy bar. The diaper bike includes animal friend, 34 diapers, pair of socks, 2 bibs, 2 receiving blankets, flower hair clip, plastic connecting ring, and various pins, ribbons, and rubber bands. I think these are such a cute and functional idea! No glue is needed in order to keep all items usable for baby.


Next we have the living room and area where most of the games, conversations, and most importantly PRESENT OPENING took place. We have built in shelves and did not want our own family pictures to be on display at someone else's shower, so we covered them up with some beautiful drapes Tina's mother in law put together.



The painting above the fireplace is now hanging above the crib in Gracie's nursery. I am so glad my artwork is a part of the family's room decor. :)  Personalized nursery artwork is a must have these days!



The picture frames on the mantle were also hand made (and super easy). The wooden frames were a dollar at Michael's craft store, and I backed it with scrapbook paper. I painted each wooden letter purple and adorned each frame with something a little different (key, buttons, ribbon, etc).


Out on one of the tables I made a onsie flower bouquet centerpiece in a real flower pot. (Got this idea off of pinterest!). I filled the inside of the pot with Styrofoam. Then rolled each onsie up to look like a flower and secured it with a rubber band. (I was stretched for time and forgot to cover one of the rubber bands...don't laugh.) I painted little dowel rods green and attached felt leaves to each stem. The bottom of each rolled onsie had a little slot to push the dowels into so that no glue was needed. Once again, we wanted the gift to be completely usable. A great and inexpensive way to add height to your centerpieces is wrap empty diaper boxes with pretty paper and ribbon.




I got this next idea from Pinterest as well. Green sherbet and 7up makes the perfect punch (and it went along with the color theme). Rubber duckies in the bowl were just too cute to say no to!


Hope you enjoyed the pics and tips!

Happy Kraftin!


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely baby shower! I love how your artwork is also a part of the nursery! It is beautiful and will be treasured for many years, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Will be copying your ideas for a friends baby shower!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Meg! You should start a party planning business too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a teacher too, so I totally understand the countdown until school is out. Your blog is super cute! I will visit often and hopefully even share some of your great ideas on my blog!

    Thanks for checking out my blog!

    Tabitha at themodernmormonmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for an award because I love your blog so much. =) Here's the link to find out more details: http://love-and-laundry.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award-and-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Can I hire you for my next baby shower? This is one of the cutest showers I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has to be the sweetest baby shower ever! I am in love with every single little detail! BTW, I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment left on my blog today... it really means alot!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you! I hope your heart is happy today! Thinking of you! :-)

      Delete
  8. How can do this such a beautiful decoration.Can you make mine also.Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cheap prada handbags collection has a range of styles to fit all preferences. There is literally a cheap chanel shopping for every woman. Every purchase made is guaranteed to be worth its price and make your cheap hermes handbags the envy of all fashion people. In addition, with their special prices, they are a steal. There are cheap louis vuitton handbags
    for all shapes and sizes of women. Yes, omega speedmaster watches can enhance your appearance. You can go from thinner to curvier or even vice- versa by using the right best christmas gifts. For the curvy woman, smaller up top larger below, a longer, slouching authentic cheap rolex watches is recommended to accentuate the lower part of your frame. If larger up top smaller below, try a catier rings with shorter straps that hang close to your shoulder so as to even your figure out. If svelte, and you want to add some winter jackets curve to your body, you can try one of those trendy, unstructured big discount prada handbags with bold patterns so as to add extra dimension to your shape. And for the big cheap chanel handbags
    and beautiful, structured coach designer handbags are recommended in solid colors that fall to your middle. hermes bag outlet For the hourglass figured girls, you know you can carry any designer louis vuitton monogram canvas and look like a goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great with your article here, i feel it is a sunny day again after reading your work and looking forward to more. rs gold , runescape gold

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! With year-end promotion comes to its zenith. Diablohome is now giving a huge thanks to everyone who support us with extra free 10% bonus for?diablo 3 gold. You must be eager to know some details. Just let the following reveal the answer.
    Free Extra 10% Bonus for Diablo 3 Gold Buying
    You can get extra 10% bonus if buy diablo 3 gold for normal mode on our site, the more d3 gold you buy, the more bonus you get.
    More tags: buy diablo 3 gold diablo gold

    ReplyDelete
  12. I nominated you for an award because I love your blog so much. =) Here's the link to find out more details: http://love-and-laundry.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award-and-nominations.html
    guild wars 2 gold
    buy guild wars 2 gold
    cheap guild wars 2 gold
    cheapest guild wars 2 gold
    guild wars 2 gold for sale

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all beautiful and fashionable i have to say, and my friends told me they are of good quality as well. I have not see post good enough like yours here.
    More tags:
    wow gold for cheap

    world of warcraft money

    gold for wow cheap
    cheap gold for wow

    cheapest gold for wow
    world of warcraft sale

    wow gold cheap buy





    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these tips and ideas regarding baby shower decorations. I need them acxtully for my baby's upcoming baby shower. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AllMandarin is the only company that can give you an excellent alternative to learn Mandarin Chinese that is not only better, but also more efficient in terms of cost, flexibility and learning methods.I am a Chinese teacher,you can learn more about Free Chinese language info: Learn mandarin online | Learn mandarin Chinese | Mandarin Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hanbridge was the best because they had excellent teachers and a very friendly and welcoming spirit. ?I really appreciate the opportunity to learn here and would recommend Hanbridge to others.



    More Chinese learning tags : Learn Chinese | learn mandarin online | Mandarin Online Course

    ReplyDelete