Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lego Head Baby Food Jars

This post will be a quickie....but did you ever wonder what to do with your baby food jars? We are hard core recyclers in our home, so I always try to think of how to re-use regular items. After some thought, I came up with these:

LEGO Heads!

Now of course, if I had boys, these would be a hit! But I don't (yet). Instead I am going to bring these into my classroom and either put them in my treasure box, or use them as a place to put paper clips, tacks, rubber bands or other office supplies. If I had more time, I would have put some different felt patterns on the lids to represent hair. Maybe over the summer I will experiment.

They are so simple to make. Just a coat or two of yellow acrylic paint and any facial expression of your choice! You can paint it on, or better yet, use a Sharpie!

Happy Kraftin!

14 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! My girls would love those. I don't have baby food jars anymore, but I might have to go buy some and make these, very cute! I'm pinning this.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'll be making them for my son who has many "special" Lego pieces he is always setting aside (read: leaving out) so they don't get lost in the big Lego buckets. Hurray! Now we can both be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those special pieces always have a way of ending up missing right? Glad you have a solution!

      Delete
  3. So adorable! Love this idea! My girls are older, but I think I will start having my friends save me their baby food jars so we can make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Looking forward to reading more!
    Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute and excellent idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Found your blog through blog hop, following you :)

    Check out mine some time if you can too, http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I am getting so many fabulous crafting ideas from other bloggers lately, I love it!
    I found you on the bloghop, stopping by to say hello :)

    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh my goodness, those are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking out your blog after your comment at Making Boys Men and couldn't help but love these jars! My boys would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theses are so neat. thankyou for stopping by at my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete