With that being said, here is the concoction I came up with last night while trying to empty out the fridge: Chicken, bacon, goat cheese and red pepper salad.
It was so filling and had such a unique flavor with the combinations of salty, sweet, tangy and savory. Hubby wants this one on the regular household menu. (Yesss!!! Love when it turns out good) I didn't have a recipe or anything, just paired up some things I thought would compliment each other. I feel like I could be on the next episode of "Iron Chef"...lol.
Here is a list of ingredients I used:
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (seasoned with Italian spices)
- About 8 of those mini red peppers, sliced and sauteed (Or some of the roasted ones in the jar)
- Chopped red onion (raw-just a little to sprinkle over the top)
- 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
- Goat cheese (to crumble over top)
- 1 Bag of Italian lettuce mix (or whatever greens you like)
- Balsamic Italian Vinaigrette
- And just about anything else you like to use for salad toppers...if I had dried cranberries in the pantry, you bet I would've put those on it too!