Friday, December 7, 2012

Vintage Shabby Chic Birthday Party

So the time came and went faster than I ever imagined. Everyone always said it'd fly by. I thought, "ya, ya, I know." Now I do know. The anticipation of having her seemed to take FOREVER. Now that she's here, I all want is for time to slow down! Funny how that works.


My little "Lele Bug" just turned ONE at the end of November (few days shy of KraftinMommy's bday)! Choosing the theme of her birthday party was an arduous task! Everything had to be perfect. That's what every mom hopes for the first birthday party right?! After weeks of researching on pinterest and etsy, I had finally decided. What better than something that really describes her personality: Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice!


I have really been inspired by the shabby chic and vintage look that is making its way back into party decorations. I was never a huge fan of commercialized decor that you find at party stores. I think the handmade stuff just looks way cuter!

The tulle tutu wreath, ribbon wreath, and fabric banners were three of my favorite items from the party. (Those can be purchased in my etsy shop if you're needing a Unique & Chic touch for your child's next big event).








Candy bars and/or dessert tables are also huge must-haves for the modern party. Not only are they full of decadent treats for your guests to enjoy, but they can also be utilized to display your thematic decor. Since our theme was "Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice" I wanted a sugar table, where all of the sweet treats could be found; a spice table, where our spicy appetizers and finger foods were located; and an everything nice table, aka the presents!! I made a banner to label each area.


Party Favors: Double Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe in Mason Jars


My famous cream cheese pumpkin rolls (see previous post for recipe)


Sugar!


I have to say I am very proud of the cake I made! It was my first attempt! Watched a few tutorials on how to make the roses.



Spicy Appetizers......yummmmm!

We saved an invitation to frame and have displayed on the dessert table.


I hung pictures from a recent family photo shoot on a spray painted tree limb for an added level of cuteness!


Hand painted letters (these are also available for purchase in my etsy shop).


Photos on fishing line in front of an old window (pinterest inspired!)



Lele Bug had her own mini rose cake and fabric banner.
Everyone had a great time and we are so thankful for all the friends and family that came and helped make this a memorable day for Lele Bug! Now....time to start planning her 2nd birthday party! (If Hubby only knew....waaa haaa haaa)

Happy Kraftin!
Yes, you are seeing that correctly....vertical layers!!!!


14 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful party! I hope you have lots of pictures to share with her when she is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those decorations are beautiful! I love the colors and theme!

    -Logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I LOVE the colors you used! What an adorable party! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Chloe
    http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC PICTURES! You've got me thinking... my little one will be TWO at the end of January. Um...time? What the heck? I'm with you girl!
    Kaylynn
    colbkayandtrae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. WOW. OMG!!!! I LOVE this!!!!! I am totally pinning it so that I don't forget!!! I LOVE your blog. I am totally your new follower!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    I love new friends. I'm Hanna. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kindergartener was reading over my shoulder...and she wants a party just like that now! ♡ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so nice! I love the roses on your cake, it's beautiful! Thank you so much for participating at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase!

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! Wow, I'm totally in awe of how beautiful everything was! You have some serious talent...and that little girl of yours is totally adorable!

    So glad you linked up with the GtKY hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, that cake is amazing. Leyla thisdayilove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we could have been there!! SO, SO incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. I have noticed that many are using the paper sack like fabric on banners now. Is that better then shabby fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally I am in love with this Vintage Shabby Chic Birthday Party. Each and everything is super creative. That wreath is my favorite piece among all decoration items. At destination LA venues we will celebrate our 1st anniversary. Could you share some outdoor table decoration ideas too?

    ReplyDelete