Monday, January 14, 2013

Cheap and Easy DIY Hair Bow Holder

After I started making hair bows for my daughter, I needed a place to display them that would be both functional and appealing. At first, I stored them in a little basket. But, I ended up digging through the entire thing to find the one that I needed, which by the way always happened to be on the very bottom. Many of the others were spilled on the floor or rolled underneath the bed in the process. I have seen many different versions of hair bow holders out there, but wanted an "original" that no one else had. "So make one," I thought.


I found this old picture frame for free at one our local teacher giveaway spots. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. I saw the potential.

 
 
I cleaned it up. gave it a couple coats of white paint, added some hardware on the back, and hot glued a few strips of 2.5 inch ribbon (vertically), and of course adorned it with some cute little handmade felt flowers and ended up with this:
 
 
 
My $2 Elephant picture frames...love these!



Close up of the felt flowers

 
 
 
 
It was a piece of cake to make, and it is a lot more functional than the basket! So next time you are thinking of throwing out that old piece of artwork, save the frame and make one of these. You'll be glad you did! :)
 
Happy Kraftin!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful project! I just had a baby girl in the fall--so I need to make something like this.
    Excited to find your blog and follow! I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime and consider joining the Tuesday "oldies" link party!
    www.dosmallthingswithlove.com
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I'll be sure to check it out! :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to repurpose an old frame! Not only is it cute, but very functional too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete