Monday, February 18, 2013

Hidden Treasures

It has been about a week since I last posted. I have been enjoying some much needed time with the family. Valentine's Day came and went. Hubby and I swapped our gifts to each other and reminisced about our first Valentine's Day together and how far we have come since then. My gift to him was of course Pinterest inspired (what isn't these days). I did a "101 Things I Love About You" gift basket. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it, but Dan loved it! I wrote out 101 things that I admire about the guy, typed it all up, and cut out the little strips. The great thing about this gift is you have the flexibility to be serious, funny, silly, and corny all at once. Of course I didn't actually buy 101 things to fill in a basket but I picked some of the cute and funny ones and found little gifts to put with them. Here were some of the corny and silly ones he really liked:

  • I'm hooked on you (attached a bag of sour gummy worms with a hook through the bag)
  • You're O-Fish-Ally the coolest dad (attached some goldfish crackers)
  • You have lots of energy for a first time dad (attached an energy drink)
  • You kill bugs for me (attached a little rubber bug)
  • You give the best hugs and kisses (attached a combination of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses)
  • You are perfect to the "Tee" (attached a golf coupon to go golfing with one of his best friends-My friend Tina also did a similar gift basket for her husband and we both put the same coupon in there so that they could play together...worked out great!)
Hubby had put together a scrapbook of our life for my gift. Very thoughtful! Dan is not a crafty kind of guy, but I was pleasantly surprised at the layout, paper choices, and stickers he used. And of course he brought in a dozen red roses and some chocolates. A must have Valentines accessory.

Today, as my roses were starting to really open I noticed that one of them looked like a heart! Soooo cool! One of my favorite bloggers (Theresa over at Theresa's Mixed Nuts) did a post about a heart shaped strawberry she stumbled on, so I figured I couldn't just let this one go without its own post. I always smile when I find little hidden treasures like this in nature. Enjoy!


11 comments:

  1. That sounded so cute for the basket you made for your hubby! I bet he was tickled pink for all that creativity and love that went into it :)

    psychicjoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly was! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. The basket sounds adorable... I'm sure he loved it. So glad to hear you've had extra time with the fam over the past few days! And you're absolutely right; the rose definitely looks like a heart. How cool! Have a fabulous week!

    xo,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! The family time was much needed! Always good to get away from technology for a few days and get back to the basics :)

      Delete
  3. That rose does look like a heart - how cool! Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day. You both gave very thoughtful, sweet gifts. Just the kind I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful basket you put together! I bet it took a lot of time to make, so I am sure the effort was really appreciated. I am sure you appreciate the time it took for him to make a scrapbook too. I am impressed that he broke out the paper and stickers! You two sound like a perfect match for each other ♥

    That is a special find in the flower. I love seeing things like that in nature. It always feels a little magical, don't you think?

    And awww, on the shoutout! Thank you! You are one of my favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He figured it took a while, but jokingly said, "I bet it only took you a few minutes to think of all those reasons you love me...you probably had to cut a bunch out because they just kept coming." :) Funny guy...we were definitely made for each other that is for sure!

      Thanks for stopping in today :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great Valentine's Day! Dan is lucky to have such a thoughtful and beautiful wife :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! We are definitely blessed to have each other. Divine intervention :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely roses!


    Mika


    New follower from Tea on Tuesdays Blog hop!
    Rubbish Removal London

    ReplyDelete