Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love Struck

I don't know if I have ever mentioned it here before, but I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY! It is definitely up there on the list of favorite holidays. I am a huge fan of pink, so the fact that Valentine's Day is surrounded by pinks and reds, is one reason why I am hooked. The other and more important reason, of course, is that it is a day to celebrate love. Love is something that is so hard to put into words sometimes, but it can be the best feeling to send and receive. It is human nature to want to love and be loved by someone else. It just makes us feel good! And to designate a day to celebrate our love for one another, is the icing on the cake!

When I think of Valentine's Day, so many childhood memories pop into my head:
  • The innocent elementary school days of sending cards and treats to my classmates, and working so hard on choosing the BEST one for that cute boy I liked at the time.
  • Reading the sweet messages from my friends
  • Saving the Valentines from my favorite teachers and, yes, from that same cute boy I admired.
  • Creating adorable pink and red masterpieces in art class to bring home to my Mom and Dad.
  • Enjoying the chocolates and other treats that always accompanies this sweet holiday.
It was fun then, and it still is now. The love spark will always be within me. I am a little love puppy at heart and fall for the romantic stuff every time. I will never forget the first Valentine's Day Dan and I had together. This was actually back in college, when we had just met and were newly dating. We had only been together for a few months, and were headed out to a concert to see Dierks Bentley. I assumed since we were so new, that this type of date was very casual and I saw it as appropriate for us at the time. I wasn't expecting anything else, just to have a great time with him, as I always had on the dates leading up to this night. When he arrived, he had a dozen beautiful pink roses (which I thought was super sweet, and glad that they weren't red because we hadn't said the "L" word yet haha) and a tray full of chocolate covered strawberries with "Happy Valentines Day" spelled out on each one of the strawberries. So the fact that he took the time to write one letter on each strawberry was so thoughtful and romantic! (and I remind you, Dan is not a baking-kind-of-man) I will never forget the Valentine's Day. Such a sweet memory that I get to hold onto forever! Ahhh... and I can't believe I was able to find a picture of it! Sorry for the crappy quality. College students couldn't afford good cameras.


I would love to hear a story about your favorite and most memorable Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

  1. We're doing the Valentine's Day cards this year for our kindergartner and he's sooooooo excited, lol.

    Your Valentine's Day gift was super sweet...you know when a guy does something that thoughtful, he's a goner. lol

    Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw kindergarten is such a fun age! I used to teach that age group and their excitement on holidays is so sweet!

      Delete
  2. That is such a sweet Valentine's Day memory! My husband and I started a Valentine's Day tradition a few years back of making sushi together for our dinner. Beats going out and spending 2 hours waiting for a table at a restaurant! We had to learn this lesson the hard way haha.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, I love sushi! And yes we wised up quickly too instead of going out to fight the crowds. Nothing romantic about a two hour wait. :)

      Delete
  3. Ryan and I are almost never together on Valentine's Day for some reason- always working or something! This year, Ryan will be at his conference :( The only Valentine's Day I remember being together was the year that Jason also took his date to Maggiano's, and we happened to be seated right next to them! Crazy haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though you and Ry aren't together on the actual day, he better still do something sweet for you! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that is soooo sweet! My hubby has NEVER been big on Valentine's day, so I can't share any sappy stories about that. However, he got creative once and sent me on a scavenger hunt around town. He left me clues and I had to drive to find where to meet him- First stop was dinner, second stop was for dessert, and finally a place to go on a walk. My husband sucks at romance type stuff, so this was pretty sweet :)

    I say you got yourself a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love scavenger hunts! We used to do them around the house, but never out on the town. I might have to steal that idea for next year! And yes Theresa, I have an awesome one that I will probably keep around for a while ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't have anything too memorable for Valentines Day, I might have to get my hubby to step it up! =) New follower, hope you're having a good weekend! Happy Valentines Day early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ashley, definitely need to drop a few hints ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete