Thursday, March 7, 2013

Some-Bunny is Making these this year for Easter

 
 
How stinkin' cute are these? I always see stuff like this on Pinterest and blogs and think to myself, "that doesn't look too hard..." but then when I attempt, it never turns out like the picture. I don't know if anyone remembers my post last year on the deviled Easter eggs chick disaster, but it wasn't a pretty recreation...to say the least. So when I found these, they seemed mess free and simple enough. I have a steady hand when it comes to painting, but not in the kitchen. I wonder why? Below is the recipe and the source where it came from. WISH ME LUCK WITH THESE!
 
Bunny Bread:
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg

Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader. If thick add more water. Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts. Baking tray lined with baking paper and cut the ears with scissors. Then, the eyes can be put, such as pepper grains.

Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=214633055348079&set=a.121075541370498.30506.111147679029951&type=1
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I had seen the picture but not the recipe. I thought of trying them using frozen dinner rolls...letting them thaw and then cutting the ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire that seems like a MUCH simpler way to go about it. I think I may borrow that idea and save me some time in the kitchen! :) Thanks

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one floating around Pinterest and thought about making them too. I am cracking up at your birdy attempt last year. Don't feel bad though, my mil made those bird eggs too and hers looked about the same. And they didn't taste good either. I think she put onions or something in hers. Just wrong! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert in the kitchen that's for sure... But pnions in deviled eggs...is a no no! I am going to listen to what Claire said (from above) and try these with the frozen rolls to save me some steps in the kitchen. :)

      Delete